Update May 27, 2014

Things have been a little quiet here recently (I won’t bore you with any excuses) but four ink reviews should appear in the very near future. The writing tests are done, as well as the photos, I just need to scan in the samples and write up the text. This is the first time I’ve tried running four tests at once, and you will see that the inks are all in the orange/red area. Next time around I plan to do five at once!

However, as I uploaded the photos for the current round of tests, I stumbled across a problem with the Inkpourium. Basically the tagged images imported from Flickr were no longer appearing on the individual pages. I already knew that changes to Flickr’s api were coming and when the an update to the plugin I use with WordPress appeared a few days ago, I dutifully installed it. I didn’t check to see if it worked at the time, but it’s not working now.

I don’t know whether the problem lies with the plugin or with Flickr. To be honest I have neither the time nor the inclination to look too deeply into it – even if I did the next change that came along would only break something again. I will wait for a fix, but in the meantime will add direct links to the relevant Inkpourium pages. That’s a nasty kludge, but as the combination of Flickr and WordPress seems to be be so unstable at the moment I can’t see what else I can do.

I’ll quit now before this degenerates into a Flickr / WordPress Plugin / Life in General rant.

Leave a Reply